Technology | Putzmeister
Technology Detail Page Carousel
POWERFUL. DURABLE. RELIABLE. WE HAVE THE RIGHT SYSTEMS TO MEET ALL YOUR REQUIREMENTS
OUR TELEBELTS TAKE VERSATILITY AND EFFICIENY TO NEW LEVELS
RELIABLE, ECONOMIC AND USER-FRIENDLY SYSTEMS FOR OPTIMUM EFFCIENCY
OUR HIGH-TECH SOLUTIONS DELIVER OPTIMUM RESULTS IN THE MOST CHALLENGING ENVIRONMENTS
OUR INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS CAN TACKLE THE HARSHEST WORKING CONDITIONS
INNOVATIVE SYSTEMS EQUIPPED TO HANDLE THE TRICKIEST MATERIALS
Technical Detail Page
Pump: Innovative and Reliable
Putzmeister concrete pumps with the S-Valve are continually setting new world records in vertical and horizontal delivery. For example, in 1994 at Riva del Garda in Italy concrete was pumped vertically over 1,745-feet (532m), or a pump height of 1,990-feet (606m) at the Burj Khalifa job site. Even in these cases both machines and accessories were not operating at their limits, Putzmeister pumps can be counted on to perform reliably on demanding projects around the world.
With high delivery pressures up to 1,855 psi (130 bar), and maximum delivery outputs of up to 238 yd³/h (182m³/h), Putzmeister pumps are ideally suited for all concreting tasks.
Ideal for high pressure applications, our Big Mouth S-Valve effortlessly handles extremely harsh concrete mixes. It's huge 9-inch (230mm) intake opening provides a superior filling rate, while the long and controlled reduction of the S-Valve ideally forms the concrete for pumping.
Specific details such as durable delivery pistons, hard-chromed material cylinders and the S-Valve system ensure that all machines are able to withstand long periods of intensive use.
Mode of operation
- The low lying remixer paddle pushes the concrete directly in front of the cylinder openings
- Two powerful and fast-switching switch cylinders move the S-Valve back and forth in front of the large cylinder openings, thus releasing the pressure and intake openings alternately.
- Depending on the position of the S-Valve the concrete is being pulled into a cylinder or pushed through the delivery pipeline.
Ergonic by Putzmeister
Greater efficiency, lower costs, increased flexibility – these are the results that Putzmeister truck.mixer concrete pumps with Ergonic® systems can achieve in practice.
Ergonic® Remote control: Within your grip!
- Ergonomic boom control with two joysticks
- The One Touch functions can be directly operated using the radio remote control. When One Touch operation is activated, it is possible to control the boom with only one joystick.
- The pump operator receives up-todate feedback and system displays for the machine directly on the clear display
- Simple operation of the entire display menu via rotary pushbutton
EPS - Ergonic Pump System
The advantages of EPS at a glance:
- Low wear
- Vibrations in the machine and boom are reduced
- Minimal noise during the optimised pumping process
- Includes EOC (Ergonic® Output Control) - regulates the engine to the perfect speed to minimise fuel consumption, wear and noise
- Fault management via EGD (Ergonic® Graphic Display)
- Fewer components and therefore lower service costs
- Convenient radio remote control incl. replacement cable remote control
- Practical and reliable fault management
- High degree of machine availability due to high-quality components and easy access to data via optional Ergonic® Tele Service (ETS) for rapid (remote) diagnosis
EGD - Ergonic® Graphic Display
provides a full overview
Simple control and increased operational safety
It provides information about:
- Hydraulic fluid temperature
- Operating hours
- Delivery pressure/delivery pressure limit
- Delivery rate/delivery rate limit
- Fault management
- And much more information
One Touch - Ergonic Boom Control
The Advantages of One Touch at a glance:
- Precise concrete placement, even with high output
- Defining critical working areas reduces risks
- The convenient, ergonomic one-handed control makes the work of the driver easier and ensures the height remains constant when moving the end hose in a horizontal Position
- Optimised, semi-automatic folding and unfolding process for quicker machine readiness and greater user-friendliness
- More stable end hose thanks to vibration damping
EOC – Ergonic Output Control
from zero to a hundred in one turn
- The delivery rate of the pump is set directly with just one knob on the radio remote control
- The electronics of the EOC then regulate the optimal engine speed for the lowest level of fuel consumption, wear and noise
- Ergonomic one-handed control gives the machine operator a great deal of freedom of movement
- If the boom is not moved and the pump is off, the engine decreases to idling speed, which can save up to 10 per cent fuel
Ergonic 2 radio remote control
Ergonic® FFS 2.0 at a glance
- Ergonomic boom control with two joysticks
- Convenient one-handed control (only with EBC) reduces the effort required by machine operators
- One Touch functions operated directly using the radio remote control
- Can also be used as a cable remote control (e.g.where radio communication is prohibited)
- Easy replacement of the radio remote control thanks to radiomatic® iLOG technology
- Lithium ion battery for a working time of up to 17 hours
- Optimum clarity thanks to modern menu guidance and 3.5” colour display
- Leak-tight and robust thanks to encapsulated electronics
- Improved safety on the construction site thanks to a lamp with pocket torch function
Multiple truck-mounted concrete pumps – one remote control
By exchanging the integrated chip card, the radio remote control can be used for all concrete pumps, regardless of the number of arm segments.
Benefits at a glance
- More power and less energy lost
· High efficiency
· While valves interrupt the oil flow on other systems, the intelligent control directs the oil into the drive cylinders without significant losses
· Expensive control blocks are not required which avoids the oil heating up and makes servicing easier
- Good ratio ensures powerful, convenient operation
Today concrete pumps are predominantly operated by hydraulic systems. Putzmeister places its trust in the benefits of free-flow hydraulics because the most important performance factors are the concrete pressure, low-loss oil delivery and costs.
When large quantities of concrete are pumped, large quantities of oil also flow inside the hydraulic system. More power is transferred inside a closed free-flow hydraulic circuit because the oil is conveyed from the pump to the drive cylinders without loss. The adapted hydraulic System ensures extremely powerful interaction between components because the oil Ratio is perfect. Compared to the open circuit, this ingenious drive technology requires significantly less oil and does not generate as much heat. The system is also economical to operate because it achieves a high degree of energy efficiency and is easy to service.
One-Sided Support (OSS) Outrigger System
Stability in the smallest space
The installation conditions on many construction sites are restricted because they are located in urban areas or alongside busy roads. Whether or not truck-mounted concrete pumps can be used essentially depends on the support dimensions. The OSS (One Side Support) offers distinct advantages here:
- Extent of supports significantly reduced
- Flexible application options
- Fewer obstacles in the surrounding area such as traffic
Putzmeister boom pumps feature a single proximity switch in each position. Redundancy is not necessary because the Ergonic Pump Control System can override the switches if necessary.
All Putzmeister boom pumps feature the robust yet lightweight EZ Clean-Out RS 909 hopper, which is engineered for performance and durability. Offering 19.4 cu. ft. (550L) capacity, the hopper uses one hard-faced remixer paddle motor and grate-mounted vibrator. The grate is constructed of high-strength steel with welded connections for a long wear life. An innovative RFID safety switch incorporated in the hopper disables the machine when the grate is opened.
Free Flow Hydraulics (FFH)
Putzmeister pumps feature an exclusive free flow hydraulic system that performs to higher standards at lower cost than other pumps. Its valve-less intelligent monitoring system takes oil into the drive cylinders with no loss of pressure to enhance the pump’s service life while increasing power and convenience.
Low ceiling heights and unusual concrete placing challenges are easily tackled with the versatility of Putzmeister’s Z-Boom design. Both the Mult-Z and Z-Fold configurations can begin a pour before the boom is fully unfolded. Additionally, these four- and five-section booms can easily maneuver around obstacles to achieve the maximum reach and flexibility possible.
Putzmeister’s HBC-Radiomatic power boost and frequency hopping remote control system ensure minimum interference with other frequency transmitters. A fully proportional cable remote is also standard. Unlike other systems, the radio and cable remote systems are completely independent, offering redundancies to ensure complete proportional operation with either control.
Our exclusive Econo-Gear™ helps achieve greater fuel efficiency by performing the setup, pumping and cleanup operations in a gear that allows for the use of a lower engine speed. In addition to fuel savings, Econo-Gear also reduces stress on wear parts and lowers noise levels.